Monday, April 12, 2004

Playing on a Boat

The Easter brake comes along at such a time as it is most needed. A few days of rest and eating (perhaps not the original intention of the church fathers but...) has given me a new lease on life. This combined with the warming weather I am actually singing to myself as I negotiate the slowly disappearing mounds of snow scattered around our neighborhood.
With the advent of spring comes the music season and I have just spent a few hours practicing with a new friend from Senegal. He plays djembe, the large bell-like drum from West Africa. This could be the beginning of a larger project with a few other mutual friends being discussed for the formation of a large world fusion type band. At the moment we will be playing here at 7pm on 21 April, and perhaps in this boat cafe over the summer: