Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The New Tool

After struggling for the last few years to be happy with the Sony MZ-NH900 mini disc player I have finally given up. The advantages of using the mini-disc were finally all wiped out by the horror that is Sonic Stage. The DRM enabled software Sonic Stage basically renders the MZ-NH900 unusable for anyone wanting to do field recordings, sound work or archiving of their own sounds. So yesterday I took possession of a new tool that I think will make me very happy:



The Samson Zoom H4.I think I am in love.........

Apart from that. Its work work and more work. At the moment I am teaching, writing a paper on The Classroom as Dialogic Space: Questioning How Space Effects Learning and working on a thesis chapter. Not much time for blogging and the recording on the Zoom is going to be a Summer long experience. Back to the books....

No comments: