Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Internet Reality and Cash

The genre of email extortion took a new turn for me this morning with the narrative device of the Iraq war being introduced into a 'request for assistance'

Good Day,
Good day. My name is LINDA JOHNSON, I am with the US Army and I am serving in the
military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq. my partner and I moved funds belonging
to Saddam Hussein,the total is $25,000,000.00 (Twenty Five million US dollars) this money is being kept safe. Click on this link to read about events that took place here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm
[the link is safe and reports on:
"Foreign currency worth nearly $200m has been found in a Baghdad neighbourhood, the US military say. Troops found $100m and 90m euros in 31 containers, US Central Command said"]


Basically since we are working for the American government we cannot keep these
funds, but we want to transfer and move the funds to you, so that you can keep it
for us in your safe account or an offshore account.

We will divide the total funds in three ways, since we are 2 that is involved. This
means that you will take 10%, I will take 40%, and my partner will take 30%. 10%
will be kept aside for expenses.


Twenty five million in cash must take up a bit of room in the ol rucksack.......

No comments: