Friday, December 05, 2008

Pedagogy with Mike Wesch



Interview with Mike Wesch
Mike Wesch, US Professor of the year, on anti-teaching and how to engage today's students. Mike was interviewed by Sebastian Hirsch and Ulrike Reinhard.

I have started teaching at first year university level. It is a serious business. What I think is most interesting is that I feel like I actually care about the people I am teaching. I want them to learn, I want them to benefit from the experience of attending my classes. This is not easy. I am using new media in teaching and want to continue to develop my use of these modes.

What Mike Wesch talks about in this video is very exciting. Building community, increasing styles of learning, changing learning spaces. "The possibilities...we can't really grasp them." Welcome to the sea of information!

No comments: