Thursday, January 27, 2005

Online Audio and Video Recordings: UC Berkeley Lectures and Events

I have recomended this resouce to several people in the last few months. I can't remember how I stumbled upon it but to hear (to name but a few) Michel Foucault, Noam Chomsky, Umberto Eco, Aldous Huxley, Margaret Mead and James Baldwin speak and read their work makes it a special spot on the web. It is the Online Audio and Video Recordings: UC Berkeley Lectures and Events archive...go..learn...for free!
The other bit that came to my attention today is that Sunday has been proposed as Internet Free Day by the Global Ideas Bank. Is it just my paranoia but is there a conection with that being the same day as the Iraqi elections and the internet playing an important role in the diversity of opinion in that country, especially in the Iraqi blogosphere. Where exactly does "the real world" start and stop is something I was wondering when I saw the poster:

No comments: